- Serves patrons with food and beverages in a positive and friendly manner
- Provides information to help with food and beverage selections
- Presents food in a prompt and efficient manner
- Maintains dining ambiance with an enthusiastic attitude
- Prepares room for dining by setting tables with condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies
- Helps guests select food and beverages by suggesting options and popular pairings and answering any food preparation questions.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons’ choices from bar and kitchen and delivering accompaniments and condiments
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed, replenishing utensils, refilling water glasses, and being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges, issuing bills, accepting payments, delivering bills and payments to host, and returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
- The ability to prepare and serve hot and cold drinks.
- Assembles food and beverage orders, checks them for completeness and accuracy, and packages orders for on-premise for takeout
- Delivers food and beverages to guests who are dining indoor or outdoor
- Maintains cleanliness of stations, tables, counters and floors
- Guest issue resolution
- Stocks beverages and supplies as needed
Training provided for the position
- 1-2 years restaurant experience preferred
- Positive attitude is a must
- Smiling and pleasant at all times
- Strong communication skills with guests and team members
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to carry food and beverages at distance
- Exceptional time management skills
- Understanding of basic food safety procedures
- Team Player